In a similar fashion, the Coordinated Planning process strives to do the same by aligning public transit, human service agencies, and other transportation providers around common purposes to improve efficient delivery of existing services, to meet unmet needs, and close service gaps.
How does local Coordinated planning fit with the DOT-HUD-EPA Livability Principles? I think transportation coordination supports, directly or indirectly, all six principles:
- Provide more transportation choices
- Promote equitable, affordable housing
- Enhance economic competitiveness
- Support existing communities
- Coordinate policies and leverage investment
- Value communities and neighborhoods
To download the six principles, click here.