In preparation for the first meeting, FLIC is asking for community input focusing on the following questions. The more responses we get the better, so feel free to email or call me with your comments. I am also available to meet with individuals or groups to get your input. I would appreciate your responses by October 15, if possible.
1. Overall, what are the biggest gaps/greatest needs in getting people to and from medical appointments in the county? Out of county?
2. What transportation options currently exist to get people to and from medical appointments in the county? Out of the county? Please provide a brief description of the service and eligibility requirements.
3. Given the available transportation options, what barriers or limitations exist both in terms of service delivery and consumer use in getting people to and from medical appointments in the county? Out of county?
4. As a community, how can we improve existing transportation options to meet the needs of people going to and from medical appointments in the county? Out of the county?
5. What new systems should we be thinking about? Examples of how other communities address the needs of getting people to and from medical appointments would be useful.
Finger Lakes Independence Center
215 Fifth Street
Ithaca, NY 14850
Check us out on Facebook:
Coordinated Plan Committee