The Plan Update Process:
1. We are using United We Ride's Framework for Communities to organize our group evaluation of coordinated planning during monthly meetings. The Committee creates ad hoc Working Groups to independently work on specific subjects and report back to the Committee.
2. We will add the 2012 Landscape Analysis of transportation services from the ITNEverywhere Plan to the coordinated plan.
3. We are reaching out to the public, targeted populations, and stakeholders during the planning process.
4. The outcome from steps 1-3 will be to create Action Plans for implementing changes to coordinated plan processes.
5. We will ask the ITCTC Policy Committee to adopt the Plan Update.
6. We will implement our action plans and measure outcomes.
One of the first issues raised in the Framework concerns creating a mission statement. Our mission statement is below.
Please send me your questions and comments.
Mission Statement for Tompkins County Coordinated Transportation Planning:
"A collaborative effort using best practices of mobility management to coordinate human services to enable comprehensive, affordable, accessible, and seamless mobility services for older adults, persons with disabilities, persons with lower incomes, and the public at large."