1. Getting our act together. We reoganized the coordinated planning committee & process, held 21 assorted meetings, launched this website and hosted the National Transit Institute's Coordinated Mobility course in April.
2. Re-allocated $165,000 in 2006 JARC funds to nine new projects. ITCTC solicited project proposals, evaluated and awarded projects, and amended the Plan's priorities for 2010-11. The County approved the reallocation in the 2006 JARC grant (Co Res 2010-95, 6/16/2010).
3. Developed a Coordinated Community Travel Training program to be implemented through Way2Go in 2011.
4. FLIC took charge of a special committee to improve transportation to medical services inside Tompkins County and to regional medical centers. The committee had new faces including: Cayuga Medical Center, health service planners and rural health networks.
5. Between August and December, the Committee evaluated and recommended our participation in ITNAmerica's ITNEverywhere program. GADABOUT decided to be the sponsoring agency. The County is in process to approve (on Dec 21) its participation in ITNEverywhere and an allocation of FTA funding to support the program.
So, we've had a full year in 2010. 2011 will be more so because we are better organized to meet the challenges to improve community mobility services in face of higher energy costs, constrained public funding, and new opportunities for successful collaboration. Happy New Year!!
PS We are hosting NTI's Managing Community Mobility class on April 14-15, 2011 at the County Library. Contact me now if you want to attend.